This post is also available in Spanish
I’d like to introduce a tool that has helped me a lot throughout my work experience in Spain. Some of you may know it, the tool itself is called Analytics Edge. It is a plugin that you can install in Excel to download all kind of data directly from Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Bing Mastertools or Google Adwords. This is great because you will be able to have all the data that you want only with one click in Excel, without logging in Google Analytics or Search Console.
In other words, you will be able to download all the data that you want, depending on what you need to analyze. I am going to give an example of how to export the landing pages segmented by organic traffic and their associated sessions, bounce rate and time on site to make your life easier when you are writing an insight for your client J
This is the final result that you will obtain (I am using my blog to explain it).
As I said, I got this information with only one click in Excel… well, I am not going to lie, maybe 4 o 5 clicks.
How do I set it up?
- Download the program
- Activate the license
Once we set up the plugin, we will be able to see the plugin in excel:
- Connect to our Google Analytics account. In the example given, I am going to connect with my blog, but you will be able to connect with any website that is in your Google Analytics or Google Search Console account.
- Once it is set up, you will go to Analytics reporting and will select the data that we need. In this example, in order to get the landing pages and their associated sessions, bounce rate and time on site, you will segment by organic traffic.
- To get the data about the landing pages, you will go to the tab ‘fields’ and select:
- Dimension -> Landing pages
- Metrics -> Sessions, Time on Page and Sessions
- Finally, we will select the dates you’d like to analyze
And that’s it! That’s how you get the data that I promised!
As you can imagine, this tool is very nice if you are analyzing several brands at the same time because you can get the info way faster than going to Google Analytics, Google Adwords or GSC for each brand.
The only problem that I can see about this tool is if you are too Google Addicted so you stopped using Misosoft Office and you now use google docs. Well, don’t worry about it, I am going to explain about how to do the same exercise with a Google Doc Spreadsheet.
Thanks for reading, and please let me know if you have any questions about it.